We serve as ambassadors of kindness by greeting and providing a genuine, warm and welcoming atmosphere, especially for all of our first time visitors and members alike.
We are an extension of the Priest. A priest cannot personally greet each member of the congregation, but we act in his place welcoming all those who come to share in our Mass.
We are a minister of hospitality which goes above and beyond greeting and welcoming newcomers and parishioners.
We represent San Antonio Catholic Church, as we are the first person that you see when you come in through the doors of the church.
Contact Ellen Sapaugh 941-624-5327
San Antonio Catholic Church was named in the memory of the first Spanish Catholic Mission that was built on the North Shores of the Peace River in 1567. Our magnificent stained glass window 10 feet in diameter depicts that original San Antonio Mission . In the lower left portion of the window there is a representation of a Calusa Indian settlement. The Mission Chapel stands at the bottom and has three crosses. In front of the chapel are several Spanish Conquistadors and slightly to the left, two dark clothed figures representing the Spanish Jesuit priest and brother assigned to the mission.
ABOUT OUR CAMPUS
San Antonio imparts a calm, peaceful and prayerful atmosphere. Our lushly landscaped Memorial Prayer Garden located directly behind the church altar, invites us to pray, meditate and think of the loved ones we have lost.
Next to our Church, is our Ministry Building, housing our Faith Formation Classrooms, Pastoral Ministry, Health Ministry, Music Ministry, Youth Ministry and Administrative Offices that house our staff. There is also a large Conference Room and Meeting Room.
ST. ANTHONY OUR PATRON
Our Patron, St. Anthony of Padua was born August 15, 1195 and later named Ferdinand after his Baptism. Many miracles are attributed to St. Anthony and numerous legends grew around his works. He is known to be the Patron Saint of lost items. He died at the age of 36, on June 13, 1231 and immediately canonized within a year of his death. We have a relic given to our parish by our Bishop Frank Dewane displayed in the Narthex.